fastadvert.com - make money with your website

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Naked Bed Batik

I’m moving right along on our quilt for the Naked Bed Challenge that I posted about here.  A few more of the 16″ blocks to make, and then on to piecing them together and also piecing the border which is smaller squares in the same block design.  This is a California King and I’ll probably send it out to get it quilted because I just don’t think I can do a good enough job on the quilting on a king size with my current sewing machine (which I love and am throwing out good vibes to constantly!).

My machine is a 70′s model Husqvarna Viking 6440 that I have had for many years.  It’s a tough machine and I have sewn boat loads of canvas for our sailboat.  I’m fortunate that a very kind lady at the local HV sales store recently gave me her non-working 6440 to use for parts, along with all the accessories, including a walking foot (that I didn’t have!).

Excuse the poor picture – first thing in the morning lighting isn’t all that great in my home…you can click pic to get a better image.  These are just the completed blocks tossed together, they haven’t been sewn up yet, of course.

Article source: http://www.tropicslady.com/2011/06/naked-bed-batik/

1 comment: